Formula to change X-axis Values

Support questions for Flow CSV Viewer and Editor.
Ulrich76

Re: Formula to change X-axis Values

Post by Ulrich76 »

Hello Gustav,

because I have no success to place a picture of the 4 lines here, I write these lines down.

1) Datum: 18-09-23 / 11:30:54 Version V30-50Hz vom 17-09-2023 17:18:51
2) Date,Time,Frequenz,24h-Mittelwert,Sum,Jahresmittelwert,Tage
3) 501,18-09-23,11:30:55
4) 500,18-09-23,11:30:56

Line 1 is a generall header line
Line 2 shows the assigment for the values in line 3
In Line 2 there many additional assignments, the associated values will be added in line 3 in the final program.

Line 3 and the following lines contain the captured values.

Only the order in line 3, that mean the integer value is at first, the viewer will recognize the 501 as an integer. The according names in Line 2 are not corrected to show, what tthe starting point was, where the frequency-value was located after the time-value, and was not recognized as an integer but as a string.

I hope, this may help you to clarify what I misinterpreted before. Perhaps you have hints

Best regards
Ulrich
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Hi again,

I'm sorry but I don't fully understand your message. What you're sending me doesn't seem to be a valid CSV file. You mention "the associated values will be added in line 3 in the final program". So this is not the actual rows that Flow gets to read? I'm afraid I need to see exactly the beginning of the files that you open with Flow, unmodified, with all the data values in these rows.

Are you able to open the CSV files from your SD card in a text editor (for example Notepad) on your computer? If yes, can you copy the first 4 rows from there and paste into here without modifying?

Also, can you do this for two files, one that works as expected and one that doesn't work, so I can see the difference between the two?

Best regards,
Gustaf
Ulrich76

Post by Ulrich76 »

Hello Gustav,

first of all, thank you very much for your effort helping me.

In reply to your last response, I have thought, it could be useful to show only the reduced output and therefore I shorted the output to SD-Card for that matter, however releasing the units-line 2. It is right, that I store the SD-Card file to an editor-program and from the Flow CSV Viewer I call that file.

Sorry, if I make it not so clear, but I could have also changed line 2 to show only Date,Time,Frequenz. I assumed, that this would not have mattered.

In the meantime I have made a few attempts as you proposed before. In the CSV Import menue I changed "First row is header" to Yes, "Second row is units" to Yes and finally clicked on the radio button at "Ignore rows starting with #"

I think this will be the solution.

Last but not least, I am very satisfied with your answers and I am happy to go on with my home made application and further use of Flow CSV viewer.

Best regards
Ulrich
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

OK, I think I understand! I'm glad you found a solution. However, note that Ignore rows starting with # only has effect if you have rows in your CSV file that start with #. If I understand the situation correctly, I think the problem is the first row:

Datum: 18-09-23 / 11:30:54 Version V30-50Hz vom 17-09-2023 17:18:51

If possible, you should prepend this with a #, like this:

# Datum: 18-09-23 / 11:30:54 Version V30-50Hz vom 17-09-2023 17:18:51

Although there is no official CSV format standard, it's very common to use # as a line comment character in CSV files, allowing for adding extra information like this line. This way, you adhere to the "unofficial CSV standard". If you do that (and ensure Ignore rows starting with # is still checked), you can probably go back to Auto Detect on all the other settings, and now your variable names will also be displayed correctly in Flow.

Hope this helps!
Gustaf
Ulrich76

Post by Ulrich76 »

Hello Gustav,

Now I programmed what you proposed. The result is perfect.

I am very happy, because I can now simplify my program too. Instead of complex process converting Single into integer, I transfer now the singles directly to SD-card for showing that values with the Flow CSV viewer.

All what you propose will have maximum success.

Best greets
Ulrich
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Great news, thanks for the feedback and good luck with your project!

Best regards,
Gustaf
Ulrich76

Post by Ulrich76 »

Hello Gustaf,

while browsing through several forum posts, I came across that my request was already discussed in "graph for each column" too.

Please apologize that I had not browsed through this before.
It must be really annoying for the moderator to have to answer the same questions many times.

Thanks one more time for your patience.

Greets
Ulrich
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

No worries, I had forgotten that! :D

Best regards,
Gustaf
Ulrich76

Post by Ulrich76 »

Hello Gustaf,
please allow an additional question.

I use the select tool and selected an area of the displayed diagram. (blue background)
Now I want to copy this selected area to my hard disk to be able to print it for documentation purposes.

Is this possible? And if so, how should I proceed?

Greets
Ulrich
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Hi again Ulrich,

Do you mean saving as a new CSV file or as an image?

Best regards,
Gustaf