Problem saving

Support questions for Flow CSV Viewer and Editor.
tony@blighe.com

Problem saving

Post by tony@blighe.com » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:31 am

Just installed CSV Editor 0.9.2. Using for analysing logs from a UAV and I am delighted. Thanks.

My problem is that "Save" and "Save Project" are always greyed out (i.e. not enabled), even after making a like dragging some lines into a new group.

"Save As" and "Save Project As" are enabled, but I don't want to keep giving it a new name.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Tony Blighe

Waveworks

Re: Problem saving

Post by Waveworks » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:06 am

Hello Tony,

I think that the answer to your question is that Save is only enabled if you have made a change to the actual data file, such as Edit Value or Rename, and Save Project is only enabled when you e.g. add files to the project. View operations like dragging lines between groups don't change the data file (csv files don't support view settings) so there's nothing to save. Your view configuration (groups, colors etc) should be retained automatically between sessions, so you don't need to save anything to keep them.

If you actually changed the data but still had Save greyed out, it's a bug that I definitely want to look into. In that case, can you give me some more details about what edit commands you had used?

/Gustaf

tony@blighe.com

Post by tony@blighe.com » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:00 pm

Hi Gustaf,

I have a project open with two csv files. I just dragged another csv file into CSV Editor so I have three csv files open and showing in the tabs, but "save project" is still greyed out.

If I close CSV Editor and reopen, there are no csv files open.

Waveworks

Post by Waveworks » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi again,

To add a file to a project, you need to go to the Project menu and select Add Files. After that, Save Project should be enabled. Files that belong to a project will be listed in the Project Tree in the left side of the window.

If you drag a csv file into the editor, the file will merely be opened, not added to the project. Therefore there are no changes to save in the project, so that's why Save Project is greyed out. But if you only want retain open files between sessions, you don't need to add them to the project - instead, there is a preference for that. In the File menu, go to Preferences and check Open files from last session on startup and click OK.

Hope this helps!
/Gustaf

tony@blighe.com

Post by tony@blighe.com » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:59 pm

OK, that works. Thanks