Link to Older Version

Support questions for Flow CSV Viewer and Editor.
Photronix

Link to Older Version

Post by Photronix »

Many people at my organization utilize Flow viewer and editor. However, recent changes have made it impossible for us to continue using. We open the same type of log files many times each day. These contain hundreds of variables. The 1.0 version of Flow allowed for the user to sort the variables. Once closed and re-opened and for all successive logs opened, the sort would be maintained. In 1.1.2 we cannot figure out how to achieve this again.

We depend on this software. Can we get a link to the older version for now. A needed feature is a way to save file row formating.
Waveworks

Re: Link to Older Version

Post by Waveworks »

Hello,

I'm very sorry about this - this is obviously not the kind of experience I wish for users of Flow. In order to help you revert to an older version, I need to know the following:

1. Did you install/buy from Microsoft Store or directly from the Waveworks website? In the second case, you may be able to revert yourselves by right-clicking the application icon and select "Restore previous version".
2. Which version do you want to revert to? You mention 1.0, but this is a very old version. Version 1.1 was released in July 2021, so I guess this could be the last working version.
3. Do you also need to revert Flow CSV Editor, the paid app? In that case, how many licenses have you bought?

Let's first make sure you get an older version so you can get back to work again. After that, I hope you can provide a bit more information on the error, because I didn't know about this problem, and I haven't made any such changes intentionally, so I want to fix it as fast as possible.

Best regards,
Gustaf
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Hello again,

Before we spend a lot of effort on reverting to an older version: Can you try to go to File -> Preferences -> Data Viewer (or Data Editor) and change Auto distribute variables into groups on opening to Never, and see if that solves your problem?

Best regards,
Gustaf
Photronix

Post by Photronix »

I managed to find 1.0.4 but for some reason its still not opening logs with previous formatting. Is there any way to edit the config file to always open/format files the same way.
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Well there is the option to save the view settings in a project file, which can be found in Preferences under the General tab (I assume we're talking about variable view settings, that is, variable grouping and display settings). But I don't think it will do exactly what you want, so I think we'd better find the source of the problem. Can I ask you to find the file <your user home directory>/AppData/Roaming/Waveworks/Flow/user.config and send it to my email: info@waveworks (add .dk manually)? Also if you use a project file, I'd like to see that too.

Do all users in your organization have the same problem? Did your organization change security settings or other Windows setup settings recently? The app must have write permission to the above mentioned file in order to work, because that's where these view settings are saved.

Did you try to set Auto distribute variables into groups on opening to Never?

Best regards,
Gustaf
Photronix

Post by Photronix »

I sent email. Thank you for assisting us.
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Thank you! As I wrote in an individual mail, the problem is a limitation in how many variables Flow can remember view settings for. I will release a fix as soon as possible where this limitation is removed. Thank you again for taking the time to report the problem!

Best regards,
Gustaf
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Hi again, version 1.1.3 which fixes this problem has now been released, so view settings should now work correctly for you again. Let me know if you still have problems!

Best regards,
Gustaf
Photronix

Post by Photronix »

Amazing news. Thank you very much