Ignore the first n lines in a file before processing

Support questions for Flow CSV Viewer and Editor.
Peal

Ignore the first n lines in a file before processing

Post by Peal »

Hello, is there a way for csv viewer to identify headers on rows other than the first?

We have internal software that writes basic information in the first row, so the headers are in the second row and the data starts at row three.
In the default operation, this leads to all variables being recognized as Strings and therefore not being displayed.

Of course i could rework the data manually, but that would defeat the whole purpose of the "one click to csv graph" operation that i love this software for.
Waveworks

Re: Ignore the first n lines in a file before processing

Post by Waveworks »

Hello, the only way I can see would be if you can change the software that writes the CSV file to add a # character in the beginning of the first row. In that case you could enable the "Ignore rows starting with #" option in the CSV Import tab of Preferences, and Flow would ignore that row. Apart from that, I'm afraid there is no way to force Flow to look for the headers in any other row than the first one.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Gustaf
Peal

Post by Peal »

Hello Gustaf,
thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately it's quite old legacy software, implementing changes isn't easy or cheap.
I'll see if i find an efficient way to implement the #-adding to my workflow.

Should i add my original question as a feature request or would this be too hard to implement?

Have a good start to the week,
peal
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Hello again Peal,

Your request has been noted! It's not very hard to implement, but the list of requests is long and I'm currently fully occupied with other work, so I'm afraid an updated version is not imminent. Optionally, you're welcome to contact me at info@waveworks (add .dk manually) with regard to developing an adapted version for you at consultancy rate.

Best regards,
Gustaf