How to edit csv files

Support questions for Flow CSV Viewer and Editor.
tony@blighe.com

How to edit csv files

Post by tony@blighe.com »

The documentation mentions being able to edit csv files in CSV Editor, but I cannot see a way to do this. This would be useful as I sometimes wish to remove anomalous lines of data.
Waveworks

Re: How to edit csv files

Post by Waveworks »

Hi Tony,

Yes that's right, there are multiple editing operations available. In particular you can select, cut, copy, paste and delete samples (corresponding to rows in the csv files). To remove a single sample, just place the cursor on it (click in the chart or use the left/right cursor keys) and press the Delete key, or select Delete in the Edit menu. You can also switch to the Select tool in the toolbar above the charts and drag with the mouse over multiple samples, if you want to delete many samples at once.

You can find an overview of editing operations in the Help under Keyboard Shortcuts. If you can't find what you want to do, just write here and I'll be happy to help.

/Gustaf
tony@blighe.com

Post by tony@blighe.com »

OK, I understand now. I was thinking I could edit values in the csv files, but I can't do that.

This is an excellent tool Gustaf. Thank you.
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Thank you! Yes, you can edit values too: Place the cursor on the sample that you want to edit (or select a range of samples), then double click the value that you want to change in the variable view to the left of the chart. A box appears where you can enter the new value. You can also use the four cursor keys to navigate to the value that you want to change and press F2. Hope that helps!

/Gustaf