Feature Request: Labels

Bug reports, feature requests and other feedback.
sevenboarder

Feature Request: Labels

Post by sevenboarder »

Hello,

I love the CSV Viewer/Editor. I wish I would have known about it sooner! I would love to be able to add labels to the data to note and characterize interesting portions. I look at 15 million plus row data sets and need to mark events, and then come back to this events... and preferably reference all similar type events.

Maybe this could be done by adding a new column to the .csv file? Could either add discrete marks or highlight an unique area and add the label for the whole area?

Let me know if you need any clarification. I'd be willing to tip for this feature!

Thanks,

-Keith
Waveworks

Re: Feature Request: Labels

Post by Waveworks »

Hello Keith, and thank you for you kind words - I'm glad you find it useful!

And yes, if you have Flow CSV Editor, you can do exactly what you describe - and that's also how I myself label events in my data. Here's how I usually do it:
  1. Press Ctrl-E to enter a new formula.
  2. Enter label = "" if you need a string label variable, or label = false if a boolean label variable is enough, then press Ctrl-Enter.
  3. Place the cursor on the sample that you want to label, or if you want to label an entire region, select it.
  4. Ensure that the label variable is selected in the variable view.
  5. For string labels, press F2 and enter the label. For boolean labels, press Ctrl-Space to toggle between true and false.
Does this work for you?

Best regards,
Gustaf