Button to apply view settings from current tab to all tabs

Bug reports, feature requests and other feedback.
tony@blighe.com

Button to apply view settings from current tab to all tabs

Post by tony@blighe.com »

It would be useful to add a button which applies the view settings for the currently open tab to all tabs.

Usually I have a few files open and give them a quick look over, then I will start to format the data and compare this file to the other open files. To compare files it is best to have the same formatting but to apply my formatting to the other files/tabs I need to close and reopen them.

Great software, I use it pretty much every day and I love it!
Waveworks

Re: Button to apply view settings from current tab to all tabs

Post by Waveworks »

Thank you for your feedback! The whole view settings functionality is up for a redesign in the next major release, and the functionality you're asking for will be realized in one way or another. /Gustaf
Waveworks

Re: Button to apply view settings from current tab to all tabs

Post by Waveworks »

Hello again Tony, today's release has a new option called "Apply variable view settings to all open tabs", available under the Data Editor tab in File -> Preferences. With this option enabled, if you change any variable view setting (enabled, color, hidden, cell assignment, cell height) in one tab, the setting will be automatically applied to the other open tabs. Not exactly what you were asking for, but I hope it solves your problem!

Notice that for this option to work well, all open files should have the same sets of variables - if not, you might see some weird results.

Also notice that there's a bug in Windows 10 that causes all preferences and settings to be reset when the application is updated with Microsoft Store. I'll release a new version that works around the problem as soon as possible, but unfortunately it means that your settings will be reset both with this update and the next.

Anyway, let me know how it works for you!

/Gustaf