Request: line / point rendering

Bug reports, feature requests and other feedback.
MrFlow256

Request: line / point rendering

Post by MrFlow256 »

I've seen there is already a line-thickness request and scatter plots but I'm not sure if you already have an open request to let me control individual series rendering?

My use case is I have a CSV containing stock price data, and also trade points. Stock price is best viewed as a line but trades are much less frequent and basically what I want is to show them as a circle/marker on top of the main chart so I can easily view both at once - otherwise the trades will be virtually impossible to see.

Thanks for your time!
Waveworks

Re: Request: line / point rendering

Post by Waveworks »

Hello, no I haven't received such a request until now, but I do understand the need for it. So in your CSV file, is the trade column empty for all rows where trade doesn't happen? Anyway, your request has been noted!

What you can do for now is to use a formula to convert the trade variable to a string with trade_string = str(trade), where trade is the name of your trade column. This will show each trade instance as a spike in the bottom of the chart, which makes it a bit easier to see, at least. Hope this helps!
MrFlow256

Re: Request: line / point rendering

Post by MrFlow256 »

Waveworks wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:41 am Hello, no I haven't received such a request until now, but I do understand the need for it. So in your CSV file, is the trade column empty for all rows where trade doesn't happen? Anyway, your request has been noted!
Exactly. It would show the trade price but be a discontinuous series, in fact only a few data points
What you can do for now is to use a formula to convert the trade variable to a string with trade_string = str(trade), where trade is the name of your trade column. This will show each trade instance as a spike in the bottom of the chart, which makes it a bit easier to see, at least. Hope this helps!
I was wondering if I could do something a bit like this, or do some sort of transform so the value is gated somehow. I hadn't tested it yet before making sure there wasn't a feature I had missed, but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Thanks for the quick reply.