X axis display

Bug reports, feature requests and other feedback.
Karel

X axis display

Post by Karel »

Hi,

Absolutely perfect application. It works fast. Thank you very much.
I have a problem with the X axis. I need the X axis to work properly even in negative values. For example, if I need to display the time before the event - negative and after the event - positive. It does so with both "float" and "int" values. Positive values are correct. In the negative values on the grid on the left, it displays zero once more and then it only goes to negative values. This affects the enlargement and reduction of the X-axis display.
Thank you. Still, it's the best app I've ever seen.

I use Flow CSV Viewer V1.1

Regards
Karel
Waveworks

Re: X axis display

Post by Waveworks »

Hello Karel,

Thanks a lot for your kind words - it's great to know my app is being used and appreciated!

I have tested your case and I can reproduce the bug, which I was unaware of. Sorry about that! I will fix it straight away and the fix will be included in the next version, which should be out within a month's time from now.

Thank you for taking the time to report it!

Best regards,
Gustaf
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Hello again, I have now released version 1.1.1, which fixes this issue. Thank you again for reporting it!

Best regards,
Gustaf
Karel

Post by Karel »

Hello Gustaf,
now time works properly.

For our purposes, a suitable option, for example, in the properties, where the first column would be set automatically time. It may not be displayed in the chart. Without this adjustment, we are satisfied with the operation of the application.

Thank you.

Best regards
Karel Švec
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Sounds good!

Ok I noted your request. To begin with I will at least make sure that the X axis variable setting is stored with the other view settings, so one only has to do it once.

Best regards,
Gustaf
Karel

Post by Karel »

Hello Gustaf,

Thank you very much.

I found one little thing. Appears if the first 100 float values ​​at most in the column are low. This affects the other larger float values ​​in the column. In my case, all values ​​in the column are to 1 decimal place. There are a total of 1200 values ​​in the column. It does not affect the value displayed on the mouse pointer when I hover over the trend. This affects the value in the left panel "value". Example:

First 100 values: from -9.9 to 9.9
Other values ​​from -9.9 to 9.9 is OK
Other values, for example 28.3, are in the left panel 28
Other values, for example 422.4, are 4.2e + 02 in the left panel
Other values, for example 596.9, are in the left panel 6e + 02
Other values, for example -456.9, are in the left panel -4.6e + 02

First 100 values: from (-99.9 to -10.0) or (10.0 to 99.9)
Other values ​​up to 99.9 is OK
Other values, for example 422.4, are displayed in the left panel 422
Other values, for example 596.9, are displayed in the left panel 597
Other values, for example -456.9, are in the left panel -457

First 100 values: from (no test to -100.0) or (100.0 to no test)
Other values ​​in this range from -999.9 to 999.9 are OK

If the data starts with a low value, the higher values ​​become less readable. You must use the mouse.

Thank you. I wish you much success.

Best regards,
Karel
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Hello again Karel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to report this problem. It's true that Flow looks at the first 100 rows to estimate the maximum number of decimals in a column and uses this number of decimals for display purposes. Your elaborate example shows me that this strategy doesn't always work. I will fix it for the next version.

Thanks again, and don't hesitate to write again if you find even more bugs! :D

Best regards,
Gustaf