Parsing using additional log-files

Bug reports, feature requests and other feedback.
kidi

Parsing using additional log-files

Post by kidi »

Hello!
I have an idea, is it possible to add an additional parser to add external events to the csv file view?
for example, we open up one csv, one graph is used as a timestamp
then we open up another file with two colomns, one is also the same timestamp, second is the event (text field)
an example of what i mean:

Waveworks

Re: Parsing using additional log-files

Post by Waveworks »

Hello and thank you for the idea! Yes several users have already requested some functionality for marking and placing documentation in the plots, and a natural extension would be to also be able to import such documentation from a file. I'm afraid it's not coming up very soon but it's on my list.

For now, you can achieve something similar with Flow CSV Editor (the paid version): Open both CSV files, copy the full contents of the documentation file, paste it into the data file and finally sort by timestamp. The events from the documentation file will then show up as a spikes in its own variable in the plot, and you can also show this variable on the X-axis. It's not exactly what you requested, but maybe you can use this trick while waiting for the final solution.

Best regards,
Gustaf
kidi

Re: Parsing using additional log-files

Post by kidi »

Will do. Thanks.
(glad that i bought it before Microsoft completely disabled all store payments that come from Belarus)