Add Histogram and Whisker Boxplot options for selected variables

Bug reports, feature requests and other feedback.
Akhilesh

Add Histogram and Whisker Boxplot options for selected variables

Post by Akhilesh »

Hi,

I really love this tool and want to help you to make it even more popular and reconised in the comunity, I would like to see some features like:

1. add a functionality to create Histogram and Whisker Boxplot for the selected varible(s) and for the selected data range.
2. Multiple scle plots in a single plot group for each variable type. This feature will improve the applicability of this tool to the next level. (this request
might have been raised before, i'm just adding to that to the wishlist.
3. Scatter plot with best fit trendline + equation option. This might be too much to ask for but would be nice to have.

Thanks a lot again.
Waveworks

Re: Add Histogram and Whisker Boxplot options for selected variables

Post by Waveworks »

Thank you for your kind words and for your input - it has been noted! Can you elaborate number 2 a bit more, maybe with an example? I'm not sure I understand it.
Akhilesh

Post by Akhilesh »

Hi,

I'm here elaborating my 2nd point from the list below: for example if user has three or more variables in the CSV and it is a timeseries data. All variables are present with a different range and plotting them in a single group with a general Y range will kill the sensitivity of the data. But if user can have configurable Y ranges in the given group of variables then he/she can easily have different Y ranges per variable and can still show them in the same group plot.
This might be achieved by creating seperate group but will be good to have configurable y ranges per variable.

I hope I explained it well now.
Thanks
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Hi again, yes now I understand, thank you for the elaboration! And you're right, this request has been raised in another thread in this forum. I'll see what I can come up with.

As a workaround for now, you can use formulas to create scaled copies of some of the variables and use the scaled copy in the plot instead. For example, if you want to show a and b in the same plot and a's range is 10 times larger than b's, you can write b_scaled = 10 * b and place a and b_scaled in the same plot group. I understand it's not ideal, but maybe it helps you while waiting for a proper graphical scaling feature.

Best regards,
Gustaf