Ability to export the varaible(s) for the data selected range

Bug reports, feature requests and other feedback.
Akhilesh

Ability to export the varaible(s) for the data selected range

Post by Akhilesh »

Hi Gustaf,

the more I use it the more i like this tool thanks again. I have a enhancement request which is the ability to export the varaible(s) for the data selected range. What I mean here is after certain data conditioning, or after newly calculated variable creation user shuld be able to export that based on the selection range or by default entire data range.
This makes it really useful in two-ways and makes th eapplication more interesting.

thanks,
Akhilesh
Waveworks

Re: Ability to export the varaible(s) for the data selected range

Post by Waveworks »

Hi again Akhilesh, that's good to hear! If I understand you right, what you're asking for should be possible already by selecting everything that you want to export, copy-pasting the data into a new CSV file and save it (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-N, Ctrl-V, Ctrl-S). If not, can you describe a use case where that doesn't work?

I would agree that it's not a very intuitive way of doing it, so I could add a "Export Selection..." command in the File menu.
Akhilesh

Post by Akhilesh »

Hi Gustaf,

Not sure how Copy, paste function works, I have tried to select the variables and copy, paste it doesnt work. it is not described in the help or even in youtube tutorial.

my requirementcould be listes as :
1. If i have 1000 data points and I want to select datapoints from the range 300-700 and export the selected datarage for variable(s) to a new CSV file.
2. If I want to export a Formula based calculated variabe from the tool to a new CSV file.

any of these two will help. I hope i have explained it well this time.
Thanks,
Akhilesh
Waveworks

Post by Waveworks »

Hello again,

The operations that you list should indeed be possible using copy and paste into a new file. I wonder why it doesn't work for you. In case you haven't seen it, there is an Editor-specific video tutorial that describes how to work with copy and paste:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ZLnxBEewg

The Copy and Paste commands should also be described in the Main Menu Commands section, but the description is very brief and probably not as helpful as the video tutorial.

Can you try again after watching the video tutorial, and if you still can't get it to work, tell me a bit more step by step what you do and in what way the Paste command fails? In particular, is the Paste toolbar button greyed out when you try to paste?